MMYM.... the Next Chapter
Young adults grades 7-12+ are invited to attend.
We meet every Wednesday night that school is in session.
Free will dinner at 5:15 with meetings from 6:00 - 8:00 PM.
Jodi Kamradt assistant Youth Director, Daniel Burton Youth Leader, Chris Specht Lawrence Youth Director. 2012-13
Union United Methodist Misfits Youth Ministry
(General Conduct Codes)
Union United Methodist Church (UUMC) and the Methodist Misfit Youth Ministry (MMYM) Team welcome you as we do to all who may enter our doors and lives. As a church we are made up of all types yet come together for one cause, Fellowship together in Christ’s name. Below are the requirements of one in order to respect yourself, the facility and all involved.
Youth Group Guidelines
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13: 34-35
• Show respect for everyone you come in contact with, by your actions and your words. Making fun of others and cutting each other down is not acceptable.
• Respect your brother and sisters in Christ. An example would be, do not talk when someone else is talking.
• Respect the facilities.
• Keep a positive attitude.
• Remember that you are an ambassador for Christ and this church, and your actions and word can provide a good or bad example.
• So Represent Jesus with pride, people are watching.
Youth Group Rules
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act or worship.” Romans 12:1
• Confidentiality will be maintained among youth leaders, assistants, and youth members unless a threat to self or others is identified.
• No obscene jesters, language or clothing.
• No weapons, drug, alcohol, or tobacco use. Note: Weapons, Drugs and Alcohol violation will be dealt with by local law enforcement.
• Public display of affection while at church functions is inappropriate. This detracts from our purpose as we meet together.
• No mobile media devices allowed. Item will be confiscated and returned at end of the youth session.
• No violation of others physical body and/or space.
• For the safety and well-being of all, every meeting and event has physical boundaries. Stay within those boundaries. Example: Youth night – stay with group, no wondering the halls; Lock-in – stay inside the church at all times; or mission trips – stay with group and/or property.
• The above general rules apply within the church and or on the grounds of UUMC, any functions, events, or trips of, by, or for the MMYM or UUMC, and last when wearing any UUMC or MYM or SKJ swag.
Consequences only come when there is a lack of discipline on your part.
Violating these rules will be immediate and certain.
Consequences for Disruptive Behavior During Youth Group
We gather together to share, worship, and have fun in fellowship and study. We will not allow disruptive behavior to detract from our time together and our focus. Disruptive behavior will result in the following progressive consequences:
First Occurrence: Student will receive a verbal warning from a youth leader or assisting adult.
Second Occurrence: Student will be removed from youth group by a youth leader or and assisting adult. A private discussion should resolve the problem and the student may return to youth group.
Third Occurrence: The student will be removed from youth group by a youth leader or an assisting adult. The student will be required to notify their parent of their behavior as expediently as possible, on the same day as occurrence. Resolution of the issue must come first by the student, parents and leader prior to the student returning to youth group.
“Self-control you’ll stroll, abide you’ll slide, too much goof and you’ll proof.”
Consequences of Inappropriate Behavior While on Trips
Disruptive or unsafe behavior on trips will not be tolerated. Disruptive and unsafe behavior includes any violation of the Youth Group Rules as well as specific rules imposed for that trip. The final authority determining of disruptive and unsafe behavior will be the Youth Leaders.
Consequences will be progressive:
First Occurrence: Student will contact his/her parents to explain the problem. An adult will then speak to the parent in order to ensure that the parent understands the situation. Appropriate consequences will be enforced on the trip. Example: A student intentionally disregards the physical boundaries, walks across the street to Starbucks. The student will call their parents, everyone will have a discussion. As appropriate consequence, the student will have an opportunity to form a lasting relationship with a chaperone for the remainder of the trip.
Second Occurrence: Student will be sent home at his own expense. The student will contact his/her parents to explain the problem and arrange for transportation home. An adult will then speak to the parent in order to ensure that the parent understands the situation.
Additionally, the student will not be allowed to participate in ANY MMYM activities away from the church building for a minimum of three months. Further determination of appropriate consequences will be mode by the Youth Leader Team.
Your signature on the following page gives full permission to students’ likeness in all print and/or media as related to MMYM and UUMC.
If you do not wish for this to be initial here __________
By your signature below you confirm that you have read and fully understand and agree to the Guidelines and Codes of Conduct stated above.
Methodist Misfits Youth Ministry
Print Name: Christina Lawrence Date:__________________________
Print Name: Jodi Kamradt Date:__________________________
Print Name: Dan Burton Date:__________________________
As a student in the Methodist Misfits Youth Ministry, I have prayerfully read and understand MMYM’s General Conduct Code and choose to adhere to it at all MMYM functions.
Print Name:_________________________________ Date:_____________________
As parent/guardian(s) of a teen in the Methodist Misfit Youth Ministry, I have prayerfully read and understand MMYM’s General Conduct Code. I support these Codes of Conduct and expect my child to adhere to it at all times.
Print Name:_________________________________ Date:____________________
Youth Group Lesson/Game
The Methodist Misfits youth group maintains it's same flare from years past. Crazy games, lesson applicable movies, and real world, scriptural based lessons. Come see us and find out what all the hype is about!!!
"SKJ" Band Meetings/Info
Halloween Lock-In: Friday, October 26, 2012
Operation Christmas Child: Pack-A-Shoebox initiative for children without Christmas gifts. More information to be shared soon!
www.umyf.net is a site which brings United Methodist Youth together for online chats about faith issues.
Youth Group Email: You can email Chris, Jodi, and/or Daniel at email@example.com with any questions or comments.