the First Article of Creation--
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
the Second Article of Redemption--
And in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord; Who was concieved by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
the Third Article of Santification--
I believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy Christian Church, the Communion of Saints; the Forgiveness of sins; the Resurrection of the body; and the Life everlasting. Amen.
the Ten Commandments:
I am the LORD thy God.
- Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not take the Name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes His Name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, not his cattle, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.
What does God declare concerning all these Commandments?
He says: I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the inquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; and showing mercy unto the thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments.
What does this mean?
God threatens to punish all who transgress these commandments. We should, therefore, fear His wrath, and in no wise disobey them. But He promises grace and every blessing to all who keep them. We should, therefore, love Him, trust in Him, and gladly keep His commandments.