Luke 15:11-24 "He came back"
* He wandered Vrs 13 "FAR COUNTRY"
Proverbs 14:12 there is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
* He wander too far
He left his family, he left his fortune, he left his faith ( a Jewish man shouldn't be with the swine)
* He wandered too Foolishly
(He left his home behind) (He left his honor behind) ( He left his hopes behind)
He was just like young people today "If i just can get away from home" they do not think about what they are giving up.
* He was wild Vrs 13 "WASTED, and RIOTOUS LIVING"
He was out of control. Wasted it all.
Some have wasted their lives.
* He forgot who he was (He was his father's son)
Good thing his father could not see him. It would have broken his heart.
Our heavenly Father sees it all.
* He forgot where he was from (Wrong place)
Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
* He woke up Vrs 17 " HE CAME TO HIMSELF"
He woke up to his position, he woke up to his predicament (SOME NEVER WAKE UP)
* He woke up in a hog pen
The hog pen does not have to be a pen of hogs. It could be the jail house, the hospital, the drug rehab center......HOME LOOKS GOOD FROM THE HOG PEN!
Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived: God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Are we ready to reap?
* He woke up in a horrible place
He was in a place of no real fun, no real friends, no real future.
Thank God he woke up!
* He went back Vrs 18 " I WILL ARISE AND GO"
* He came back with honesty
He was in a low position, and a lousy place.
* He came back with humility Vrs 19 " NO MORE WORTHY" (Fit)
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
This young man went far, but he came back. I'm glad we have a heavenly Father who wants us to come back home.