Adding Text to Your Page:
- The body of your page will be divided into columns. The number of columns depends on the "Layout" you have chosen for your page. Each column is numbered.
- You will see the following display ""
- If you do not see these controls, click on the blue Edit Page button on the left-hand side of your editor's menu.
- Click on Text
- When prompted, click on Create New
- A new window will open that allows you to enter text.
- Type in a Title for your new text object. This will be displayed later when you view a listing of all your text objects. It does not have to display on your Web page
- Use the simple Word Processor to enter your text. You may choose to format your text with the tools provided.
- Click on Save and Update to save your text. When you click on Save your Web page will refresh and display showing the new text. Please wait for the screen to refresh without re-clicking the Save button.
- Once your text is formatted the way you would like click Save and Close. Your new text will display on your page as well as an item in your Site Repository
- Cutting and Pasting from Word Processors: If you are going to use text from a word processing document, we recommend that you first paste your text into a basic text application like NotePad (PC) or SimpleText (Mac). The additional formatting code in applications such as MSWord may cause errors.
- Adding Images: If you have added images to your Site Repository, they will be available to use in your text object. Click on the image icon in the editor tool bar, and a drop-down list will show your available images.